My Favorite holiday would only be better if I could eat it outside in a beautiful and cozy setting. I think it wouldn’t be too hard if you planned ahead. Plant graceful grasses, thistle, winterberry and other plants that look beautiful in the fall. Make it festive with golden globes in the trees, and beautiful candles. Arrange firewood for a beautiful but functional backdrop and then start a fire or fire up the heater, while snuggling under a suzani lap blanket. Finally enjoy a straight from the earth feast in garden.
1. Silver Porcupine Thistle – Echinops sphaerocephalus – (http://www.flickr.com/photos/yuan2003/628055639/)
2. Thistle in the fall on Flicker (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bithead/301557692/)
3. Tangled vined globe from the Garden Decor Store.
4. Mosaic Pillow from Deeply Madly Living.
5. Raku Indented Pot from The Conran Shop.
6. Chestnut Double Armchair from The Conran Shop.
7. Rough Hem Wood Table (image from flicker)
8. Stack wood beautifully – there is an opportunity for art everywhere (flicker image)
9. Winterberry (Ilex Verticilata) and Cat Tails in the winter (picture from flicker)
10. Etched Tea Light Hoders from R.K.Alliston.
11. Stainless steel gazing balls from Outdoor Decor.com. Image from flicker.
12. Suzani Blanket from ebay store Desert of Suzani.
13. Miscanthus transmorrisonensis – Flicker image.
Get My Free Newsletter
Connect with Nature.