Let me introduce you to Jeff Shelton. He is one of those modern day architects that is creating buildings and places that will be treasured and remembered for generations to come. To me that is the type of design worth celebrating…that which endures and earns its place in the story of our communities and common communal history.
His buildings are full of personality and seem to fit an urban Californian lifestyle don’t you think?
Working on a garden for such a building would be a dream as I think it would be fun to extend the whimsical nature. There are lots of ideas to take from these pictures though….here is what I am noticing.
1) I love the ‘outside the building’ curtains.
2) Curvy railings that make space for planters are genius
3) Art in the garden – and not just ornament
4) Details like the painted edge around the door that perfectly fits with the brick paving pattern of the front door step.
5) And do I need to point out that if you can design a house that has a cow where a chimney pot should be – and it looks cool, you must be talented.
What are your favorite things from Jeff’s portfolio?
BACK ISSUES of P+V Newspaper Are Available in the FREE Resource Library
Get A Prettier, More Organized Garden in 10 Days
JOIN THE GARDEN DESIGN CHALLENGE
Get your garden in shape so you can enjoy some peaceful & nourishing time in your own piece of the great outdoors.