December is such a fun time with a myriad of online giveaways to celebrate the season. Garden sites are in on the action and with a little clicking around there are some really great prizes that might score you a few free holiday gifts, or will at least get you through the long winter and prepare you for the next gardening season.
In order of who is ending first, here is the list of what you might be able to win.
• Ending tonight (Wed Nov 30th) at midnight Margaret Roach is giving away a copy of Cook This Now by Melissa Clark on Away To Garden.
• Also if you are in Virginia, you might be interested to win passes to the Lewis Ginter Garden Festival of Lights from Washington Gardener Magazine. (ends tonight so hurry)
There are a bunch of things ending on Friday:
• Dirt du Jour has a giveaway going for pretty (and super easy to grow) hanging Tillandsia mounted on a rock. It is a pretty window hanging, holiday ornament, or office plant. (perfect for a stocking stuffer — just be careful when shoving it into the sock!)
• Garden Rant is giving away a copy of Graham Rice’s Dry Shade Garden book (so handy for so many people!)
• Timber Press is giving away a highly coveted copy of the latest edition of Dirr’s Encyclopedia of Trees & Shrubs. If you are unfamiliar with Dirr’s, let me enlighten you — this is hands down the best book on trees and shrubs…you want it — you need it — it’s a reliable resource that you will return to again and again. It’s not cheap (retailing for about $75) but its worth it — and if you don’t believe me, see what Jenny Peterson, Kylee Hartwig Baumle and Rebecca Sweet (all highly respected designers and garden writers) have to say about it.
• Also make sure to check back with Rebecca as she is running a series of as yet un-announced (but she promises that they will be good) giveaways all month and Kylee has some cool moss rocks to giveaway as well.
• Leaf Magazine is holding a Huge 10-day long giveaway that starts on Dec 1st and ends on Dec 10th (that’s the big image above) that has variety of exciting prizes that include beautiful books, garden-y baked goods and candy, gorgeous planters and handy planters, wooly pockets, a cedar beehive, Garden Conservancy passes, and the grand prize of a reclining Deck Chair. It’s all going down on Leaf’s facebook page so head there for daily details.
• On day 4 of the Leaf Giveaway (that’s this coming Sunday) you will have another chance to win that Dirr Tree book (in case you luck out on Friday with Timber Press).
• Aha Modern Living is giving away a cool Terrarium and some very nice muddles that will make great stocking fillers. (That ends next week).
• Birds and Blooms magazine also has a daily giveaway going for the month of December.
• Daniel at Small Kitchen Garden is giving away his book (Yes you Can! And Freeze Dry It Too) about canning next week and you can find more details of that at his website.
• Stevie at Garden Therapy is doing something with prints from the pretty garden pillow line — so make sure to check things out over there too.
• Gen at North Coast Gardening is giving away a copy of The Visitors Guide to America’s Gardens.
• Ending Dec 17th, Ben Vogt is giving away a copy of his garden memoir, Sleep Creep, Leap the First three Years of a Nebraska Garden.
Check out the gallery for some of the prizes!
Get My Free Newsletter
Connect with Nature.