Leaf Magazine Launch Day

It’s finally here.  I feel like a new mother with a scheduled c-section planned for later this afternoon.  It’s been many months and now I just gotta get this thing out…but what about tomorrow — what will that be like?

It’s 5:15 am (I’ve been up since 4:30) I am trying to quell my simultaneous fear and excitement with coffee.  No matter what happens afterwards, it’s going to be a big day, today.

Leaf magazine premiere cover Autumn 2011

So here is how it’s going to go down — I hope you can join me along the way –

1) I need to go finish about 50 little things on the magazine and other details of launching a website and a PR campaign all at the same time.

2) At about 3:00pm today we should be all done and ready to go — that’s when you all come in.  Stop by the leaf mag website, have a first look at the magazine.

3) At 6:00 join us on twitter (@leafmag) to tell us what you think and help us celebrate.

4) You go curl up with the magazine and really enjoy it.

5) Tomorrow, come back here and we will start to chat just like we used too before the magazine took over — I plan to take off at least one week before working on issue # 2 to get things a little back to normal. 😉

Get My Free Newsletter

Connect with Nature.

Get Inspired.

Make Change.

Laugh.

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Join the 10-day Garden Design Challenge

container garden collage by rochelle greayer

Let's get your garden in shape so you can enjoy peaceful & nourishing time in your own piece of the great outdoors.

rochelle greayer

Hi, I'm Rochelle and for 18 years I have worked as a landscape designer, author/writer, and design teacher. I've designed residential and hospitality (for hotels, restaurants, and spas) gardens across the USA and in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. After many years of teaching garden design topics in person, I launched the PITH + VIGOR Boot Camp series in early 2018. Through my blog, social media, and online courses (Garden Design Bootcamp and Planting Design Boot Camp) I aim to help homeowners learn how to confidently design and create home gardens that reflect their own personal and unique style.
Posted in

12 Comments

1. Shannon Ratliff Kelley on October 17, 2011 at 7:48 am

Guess you did not sleep :)-

2. Dawn/LitttleGreenFingers on October 17, 2011 at 7:57 am

Can’t wait to read the first issue – well done in getting to this point!

3. LandscapingNetwork.com on October 17, 2011 at 10:32 am

Isn’t it true- not knowing and fear are a big part of growing?

4. Gardentina on October 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Fantastic concept for a quarterly or bimonthly mag. It’s reminiscent of the magazines published by the airlines: A little bit of everything; With luscious photography.

5. helen morris on October 17, 2011 at 11:06 am

It’s going to be brilliant! I am just finishing a blog post to tell my readers. Wishing you both success. I have always enjoyed your blog and the Daily Basics prompted me this morning to have another visit.
    Best wishes for the new magazine.

6. Sprout on October 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm

SO excited for you!!!! (and a wee bit envious!) It looks beautiful!

7. Michele Pappas on October 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Yayyyy!!! Woo hooooo!!!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!!! Congratulations:):):)

8. Rochelle Walter Greayer on October 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

little bit….but not much

9. Shannon on October 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I just browsed through the magazine and it is fantastic! Love the pictures and topics covered. I’ve always been hestitant to read the electronic format of magazines, as I have enjoyed holding onto a paper copy, but your format was easy to read and navigate, the only problem is I can’t read it in the bathtub!
    Congrats on the magazine.
    Shannon

10. laguna dirt on October 17, 2011 at 8:49 pm

congratulations rochelle! i knew you were up to something exciting. the magazine looks beautiful–so hip and engaging! i can’t wait to sit down and read the articles. i already posted about “leaf” to help spread the word: http://lagunadirt.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-online-magazine-on-outdoor-living.html

best of luck!!

11. dana on October 18, 2011 at 6:04 am

LOVE IT
    brava

12. Kali Hargraves on January 15, 2012 at 5:21 am

Fantastic article post.Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.