There is just one more half day left of the school year (who ends school on a Monday with a half day? Harvard, MA, that’s who….there is no logic) but last night I got the first taste of summer sweetness. It came while sitting in a friend’s garden (who happens to live on our town pond) while our children played on a surf board in the water. The delicious glass of wine, the joy of the moment and the beauty of the place makes me a little teary to think about. I want so desperately to enjoy and appreciate every moment of these moments that I have right now. My little people are still interested in doing stuff with me and I want to introduce them to everything I am passionate about. So with only that as explanation, I want to tell you that I am not going to be here for the month of July. Taking the time I have with them having fantastic adventures is too important.
I’m going to invite some guests (if you have an interesting idea for a guest post, email me) and I am going to schedule some things in advance so it isn’t all crickets here. So we have a couple weeks together until august….I hope you enjoy your weekend and these weekend things.
My dear friend sent me a Summer Bucket list for my b-day (which was Monday BTW) — It will be a challenge (but fun) to achieve but I have added a few additional things….here are a few:
- Figure out how to make something cool with Macrame
- Get a tan tattoo (but not this dramatic)
- Read 5 new books — any recommendations?
- Finish at least 3 house projects (Deck, Barn Painting, and something else…)
Want a couple more links?
- Love the Mirror House
- Are your garden boots rubber or leather? This Ode to Leather Care, makes me want to switch to leather.
- Thinking these would also be perfect flooring for a basement that occasionally gets a little damp.
- Finally Decided on A New Hammock.
- We talked about Umbrellas this week over on AT.
- Want Lem Lem Pillows
- We’re BBQing for Fathers Day — Thinking Tandoori Chicken and this Cauliflower/ Potato recipe (because I have both fresh from the garden right now). How are you celebrating dad’s day?
See you Monday!
Get My Free Newsletter
Connect with Nature.